The Ecology Of Your Gut Is The Key To Good Health
Science has clearly demonstrated some astounding facts regarding your gut ecology:
1. About 80% of your immune system lives in your gut. This is because your gut is one of the main avenues by which foreign agents enter your body.
2. 500 different species of bacteria live inside of you.
3. About 100 trillion bacteria live in your body, a number which far exceeds the total number of cells that make up your body.
4. The weight of these bacteria is about two to three pounds.
5. Some of these bacteria are referred to as "good", but others do not provide any benefit. The ideal balance between them is 85% good and 15% other.
These gut "flora" continually and dynamically affect your immune system. The helpful organisms prevent growth of the less desirable ones by competing for both nutrition and attachment sites in the tissues of the colon. These organism also aid digestion and nutrient absorption
The modern lifestyle has significantly compromised this delicate balance and our guts are now filled with the wrong ratio of good to bad bacteria. This has had a tremendous impact on human health. We recommend that everyone take a probiotic supplement to help maintain the normal balance of bacteria. The one that we recommend is called Theralac. This is a broad-spectrum probiotic and is of the highest quality.
Posted In: Nutrition