Back Pain Treatment in Edina, MN
Low back pain relief, starts with a one-on-one consultation
- Professional Chiropractors
- Personable Staff
- Voted Best of Edina
Our Edina chiropractic clinic offers back pain relief! Call us at (952) 835-6750 to schedule your appointment today!
More than 80% of the adult population in this country will experience low back pain at some time during their lives. It has been estimated that at least 75 million Americans suffer through low back pain every year, and it has been identified as the most common cause of disability among people aged 30 to 50. Since this is also the group of individuals considered the most productive in our country’s work-force, the economic impact of low back pain is staggering.
Years ago, few people knew about chiropractic treatment for low back pain and that proper treatment from a Doctor of Chiropractic could handle most low back pain issues. So, people have spent years seeking other means of ineffective “treatment” such as medication and bed rest. Most of those other treatment options have proven to be unsuccessful, while over 100 randomized clinical trials have shown chiropractic treatment to be extremely effective and safe in the treatment of low back pain. Chiropractors understand the total picture of how back muscles, joints, ligaments and nerves all work together, and how they can be damaged and irritated on a daily basis due to poor posture and bad spinal alignment.
Currently, about half of all low back pain patients seek out chiropractic treatment at some point. If more people knew about the positive benefits of this kind of treatment, that percentage would probably be closer to 100%. If you are someone who has been forced to endure low back pain recently, we urge you to come see us at the Chiropractic Health & Wellness clinic in Edina, so that we can find the cause of your low back pain and clear it up once and for all.
Causes for low back pain
There are quite a number of causes for low back pain and it is essential to identify exactly what the exact cause is before any effective treatment can be recommended. If you were to go to your medical doctor you might be prescribed some pain medication which might relieve the discomfort you feel, but hiding the symptoms does not fix the problem. It is a bit like walking down a country road and getting a pebble in your shoe. After a while, walking on the pebble might cause your foot to become sore and even inflamed. If you go to a doctor and he prescribes medication for you without removing the pebble, then your problem would certainly not be solved. Too often medical care for musculoskeletal conditions operates at about the level that this analogy illustrates. Chiropractors work to remove the stone from your shoe.
An essential component of chiropractic care is the holistic approach which seeks to find related issues among the systems of the body, so that the best approach can be taken for correction. Your Doctor of Chiropractic at our Edina clinic will always seek to identify the root cause of the issue, so that your immediate pain can be relieved, and the long-term cause of it can also be banished. This is the only way to achieve a lasting state of wellness, and to ensure that the problem doesn’t continue to recur. Here are some of the most common causes for low back pain:
- One of the most common causes of low back pain is muscle strains or ligament sprains which can occur when you attempt to do tasks that your body hasn’t done before, when you do something repetitively, or when you happen to be involved in an accident. For example, lifting a very heavy box might easily over-stretch ligaments or muscles in your lower back.
- Sometimes lower back pain is caused by chronic poor postural. Abnormal pressure builds up on the joints causing them to become inflamed. Abnormal alignment can often only be seen and measured on properly taken X-rays. If you’ve ever been told by a medical doctor that your X-rays are normal, even though you’re suffering from severe back pain, this just means that there isn’t a fracture or dislocation. Medical doctors tend to look for pathology (disease processes) while chiropractors also look for pathology, but work to identify more subtle functional and structural issues at the same time.
- Bulging discs and herniations are also very common back issues, and they can also sometimes be very painful. Sometimes you can damage a disc in your back without even knowing it, but when it’s located close to a nerve, it’s very common to feel a stabbing/shooting pain that radiates into the buttocks, as well as numbness/tingling or weakness in the legs and feet.
- Misalignment of the vertebrae can happen after a trauma due to tearing of the muscles and ligaments, and this can be extremely painful, and sometimes disabling. While medical personnel often overlook this as a source of low back pain, a chiropractor is trained to discover it and correct it by using techniques which are non-invasive and can often lead to a complete correction of the problem.
Are you experiencing low back pain?
Once you get lower back pain, it can seem like you will never get rid of it. It can seem like it is going to plague you forever. If you live near Edina, you can call to make an appointment for a free exam and consultation with Chiropractic Health & Wellness. This can be the first step to your low back pain becoming a thing of the past. Let our experienced doctors find the true source of your discomfort, so it can be properly addressed. There is no more effective discipline in the world for lower back pain than chiropractic treatment, and your Edina back pain treatment will consist of a program which takes a holistic approach to soothing the pain, and promoting long-term wellness, all at the same time.
Contact us today to set up an initial consultation and free exam, so you can begin your journey to a pain-free life.